From:
Bonnie Maccubbin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 17:02:30 -0400

This is my first post: I was "diagnosed" by my family practitioner 4 months ago
from bloodwork only (only IgG levels were elevated).  I have now been GF for 4
months.  I questioned that the diagnosis was made on this basis (plus history
of a variety of symptoms), so he referred me to a GI doc who I saw today.  He
scheduled me for an endoscopy on July 18 and instructed that I should abandon
the GF diet until that time.  My great concern is that, while I have been GF
for a few months, I did accidentally ingest a small bit of gluten twice which,
once it hit my system, totally destroyed my ability to function in any way for
several hours (severe cramping and diarrhea).

Can anyone give me advice on how to reintroduce gluten in the "best" way?  I'm
not sure if there is a systematic approach or just to "jump-in."  Will the
strong unpleasant symptoms lessen in a few days - or am I in for a month of
total misery?  I am not very thrilled about this, but he feels that it is
really necessary.

Thank you for your advice in advance - I am scared to death.

>^..^<

Bonnie Maccubbin, CHSP
Hospitality & Tourism Management
Virginia Tech
362 Wallace Hall - 0429
Blacksburg, Va  24061
Phone  (540) 231-5515  |  FAX (540) 231-8313 Email: [log in to unmask]

  ~~~ See our Home Page at:  http://www.chre.vt.edu/admin/HTM/htm.htm ~~~