From:
Karen Bulmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 1995 13:22:49 -0600

>> Our son has been GF for 4 months now ... ... What experiances have any
of you
>> had using goats milk?

One son had to go on goats milk at about 13 mths, he had no problem with
taste, although I could not touch it.  He then reverted back to cows milk at
about 20 mths with no problems.

Another son, the celiac, was removed from dairy for 6 weeks after following
a GF diet (after diagnosis) for 6 weeks.  Then we resumed dairy with no ill
affects. Of course the dairy was re-introduced a little at a time.

Are you not using cows milk because of a milk/lactose problem or because of
the celiac problem?  Our celiac son showed remarkable improvement once
starting the GF diet and by the time he started the dairy free portion of
the diet his tummy was almost back to normal size and he had already started
gaining back lost weight. I was very strict with his diet and those first 6
weeks, he had lots of rice, veggies, fresh meats and fruits.  Very little
processed food, very little pasta, bread etc, until I became more
knowledgable about where to buy, how to read labels, and got the shopping
guide from our local chapter of Canadian Celiac Association.  I am still
very strict on his diet, very few processed foods go thru our home,
thank-god my mother taught me how to cook from scratch, and it really is
worth it, since we have few episodes of "relapse".

Karen, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada