From:
"Thorn, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thorn, Michael
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:54:34 -0500

I was concerned about the possibility of Land o' Lakes Margarine not being
gf so I emailed and asked them further details to determine if the issue
might be cross contamination. The ingredients on the package had always led
me to feel that it was gf.

Here is their reply:

Thank you for visiting the Land O'Lakes Web Site.

Your inquiry pertained to gluten in LAND O LAKES(r) products.  We understand
your concern of potential allergens in food products.  Land O'Lakes, Inc.
strives to provide complete and accurate ingredient information for our
consumers.  For any specific product, we feel the best source of this
information is the ingredient listing on each product package.

To the best of our knowledge, our natural dairy products such as natural
cheese, butter and milk do not contain gluten.  LAND O LAKES(r) products
containing gluten include pasta and some ice cream products.

The LAND O LAKES(r) Margarine ingredients are gluten free, but because we do
not manufacture all the ingredients ourselves, we cannot guarantee against
possible cross contamination.

Please let us know if we can be of assistance in the future.

Sincerely,
Land O'Lakes Consumer Affairs