From:
Paula King <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paula King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 07:50:41 -0700

Baked Fish with Light Vietnamese Sauce

What you will need:
Fresh or frozen fish fillets.
--I used both Salmon and Orange Roughy. They were not
quite thawed, so I added an extra 15 minutes to the
cooking time.
Roasting pan with broiler/draining rack. Try to find a
draining rack that has smallish holes or slits, so the
fish won’t fall through.
Olive oil
Basting brush
Whisk
Measuring cup

Vietnamese sauce:
½ cup limejuice (lemon will work as well)
¼ cup sugar
3 Tablespoons fish sauce (I used Tiparos..found in the
international grocery section. It's only ingredients
are anchovey, salt and water.)
1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
½ Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
2 garlic cloves, minced. (I added 4-I love garlic)
A dash hot sauce, Asian Sriracha sauce or “Rooster” as
we call it, is my favorite.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Brush draining rack with olive oil (or the oil of your
choice), place in roasting pan.
Place fish on roasting pan with broiler/draining rack.
Mix Vietnamese sauce into measuring cup. This makes it
handy to baste the fish.
Whisk sauce ingredients, and brush sauce over fish,
reserving extra sauce for future basting.

Cook fish uncovered in 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.
Baste with more sauce. Turn oven down to 350 degrees
and bake for 10-15 minutes more…testing for doneness.

You can serve this fish with your favorite starch and
vegetable, or some slices of fresh tomato and fruit
for warm weather.
 Enjoy!
Paula