From:
Mildred Oberkotter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mildred Oberkotter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2005 14:33:03 -0700

Hi Listers,
I was looking for a certain restaurant in two locations, Burlinghame and
San Mateo, CA.  One respondent gave First Watch Restaurant in both towns,
which is what I was looking for.    Thank you for your responses!   Here's
the list of places not only in these two towns, but also in San Francisco
and some franchises:

>In BURLINGHAME:

>El Polo Loco, fast food chicken franchise
>
>First Watch Restaurant
>841 El Camino Real, Burlingame
>650-403-0244, open for breakfast, brunch, lunch. Owners have a celiac
>daughter so have added a gluten free menu. Cascals on the corner of
>Castro and California. Excellent Spanish tapas  bar, many tapas are GF
>as well as their main dishes.
>
>Global Blends, excellent coffee shop on Castro near Starbucks, is owned
>by a celiac. Everything that can be gluten free (soy milk, chocolate
>powder, mixed in stuff) is:  yogurt parfaits if you eat oats;  frozen,
>ready-to-bake gluten free bread for $4 comes in its own bread pan;
>frozen GF pizza crust or faccocia bread. Coffee is the absolute best on
>the peninsula
>
>Janta Indian Restaurant, 369 Lytton Ave., 650-462-5903. Small Indian
>restaurant where owner hovers over your table and knows the ingredients
>of every dish.
>
>In SAN MATEO;
>
>Uncle Chen's (42nd Ave. near El Camino) - will prepare any chow fun
>without soy sauce, and can recommend other soy-sauce free dishes, such
>as cashew prawns or chicken.
>
>Papagaya (Crystal Springs Shopping Center, Polhemous Road) fish (salmon)
>tacos, will prepare prawn or other meat quesadillas using corn tortillas
>instead of wheat; there are other options, too.
>
>First Watch Restaurant
>201 2nd. Ave, 650-342-2356, open for breakfast, brunch, lunch. Owners
>have a celiac daughter so have added a gluten free menu.
CHAIN/FRANCHISES;

>Sweet Tomato and Fresh Choice
   Fish Market

In SAN FRANCISCO