From:
Anne Washburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 10:41:33 -0500

FWIW, everyone I've known with an impaired immune system who had the shot
got very sick and yes, one got pneumonia and later died from a heart
attack (had been a heart patient and I think the stress of the pneumonia
threw him over the edge. He had been near to death with the pneumonia). My
mother has RA and will not be taking the shot. In fact, a nurse friend of
mine whose job is to administer the shots doesn't believe in them and
won't have one, herself!

I am replying to the list because, as you say, this is a very serious
thing and I think people should discuss this with their doctor before
doing anything (or not, as the case may be!)

Anne Washburn