From:
Vicki Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vicki Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 08:20:09 -0700

Dear Listmates -
I had so many responses on this that I can't write
to you individually. Thank you all so much!

I have pasted the GF list for Smokey Bones (yes, it is
spelled Smokey, not Smoky) from one reply, below.

Of course, we still have to ask questions. If the frying oil
is used for gluten-containing (or battered or coated) products,
we can't order anything made in the oil, and we have to
specify no croutons, etc.

Many replies took along a restaurant card, asked questions,
then ordered from the GF items listed below.

It is probably best to take a restaurant card, have the manager
or head chef or waiter read it, and take along the GF list of
menu items, then order after asking some questions.

The GF list follows.

Happy eating!

-Vicki in Illinoi

**********
Smokey Bones has devised this list below of menu items for our guests with gluten sensitivities.  The items have been reviewed by an independent registered dietitian and determined generally to be suitable for consumption by the Gluten Intolerant, based upon the 2000 American Dietetic Association guidelines and menu samples provided by Smokey Bones.

While Smokey Bones has made an effort to provide complete and current gluten content information, changes in recipes, and the handcrafted nature of our menu items mean that variations in the ingredient profile of a particular menu item may occur from time to time.  Therefore, we make no guarantees regarding the gluten content of any of these items

Menu items should be ordered with recommended sides only with NO BREAD.

The menu items:
·       House Green Salad, crisp salad greens, with Roma tomatoes, red onion and peppercorn ranch dressing or white balsamic dressing (NO CROUTONS)

·       Oregon Pear and Spinach Salad

·       Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad, Bleu cheese crumbles, egg, fresh diced tomatoes, bacon, and peppercorn ranch dressing

·       Chicken Caesar Salad (NO CROUTONS)

·       Sierra Chicken, grilled chicken breasts topped with fresh cucumber salsa, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds and cilantro

·       Honey Glazed Salmon, grilled salmon basted with honey sauce, served over roasted bell peppers and caramelized onions

·       BBQ Chicken and Shrimp

·       Smoked St. Louis Style Ribs, full and ½ rack

·       Baby Back Ribs, full and ½ rack

·       Hand Pulled Pork

·       Smoked Beef Brisket

·       Sliced Smoked Turkey breast

·       BBQ ½ Chicken

·       10 oz USDA Choice Top Sirloin

·       NY Strip Steak

RECOMMENDED SIDES: cole slaw, broccoli, apples, green beans, asparagus, mashed potatoes WITHOUT gravy, loaded mashed potatoes, baked potato, loaded baked potato.

Thanks, Joe
Joe Chabus, APR
Public Relations Manager
Smokey Bones Barbeque & Grill