From:
Elizabeth Kuzma <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 17:11:32 EDT

Well.. most said that they stick to Annie's or Wishbone.  Not too hard to
summarize.  Here is the response I got from Best Foods:

Thank you for writing.

We are sorry to hear that you had some reaction to some food.

Gluten is typically found in wheat rye, barley, and oats.

All Hellmann's and Best Foods mayonnaise products are gluten-free (Real,
Light and Just 2 Good). The starch base that replaces some of the oil in
Light and Low Fat mayonnaise type dressing are made from modified corn starch
(which is gluten-free) not wheat starch.

The Dijonaisse is also gluten free, as well as our three new Dippin' Sauces.

Our Hellmann's Dressings use distilled vinegar which has been certified by
the vendor to be gluten free, and all Hellmann's spoonable spreads have been
formulated with no gluten in them from wheat, rye or barley.

Because product formulations may have changed, at this time we cannot provide
you with exact information, in regard to Gluten in the Mustards.

Since product formulations change from time to time, we do not have a printed
list of products that identifies those products that contain specific
allergens or gluten.  The best advice we can give you is to check the
ingredient list on the label.

Ingredients that may contain any of the top eight allergens as defined by
FDA: peanuts, tree nuts, soy, fish, seafood, wheat, eggs, and milk or dairy,
as well as any ingredient that may contain gluten are always listed on the
label.

Thanks for your interest!
Your friends at Hellmann's/Best Foods