From:
Carrie Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carrie Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 May 2005 23:37:10 -0500

Thank you all for your responses!  I passed this information along to my
friend.

**Also, a couple replies indicated there is a choking hazard associated
with teething biscuits, so as always, give to your infants/toddlers under
adult supervision.

1.  Teething Biscuits
Source: Laura Wittman, The Food Allergy Kitchen Yahoo Group
3 tsp egg replacer
4 Tbsp water
1/2 cup pure cane sugar
1 cup brown rice flour
1 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup sweet rice flour
1/2 applesauce

Mix egg replacer with water. Add sugar and mix well. Combine flours in
separate bowl and then gradually add to egg and sugar mix to make firm
dough. Gradually add applesauce until a good consistency for rolling out.
Roll out dough to 3/4" thick. Cut into small bars and place on cookie
sheets. Cover with tea towel and let stand on countertop overnight. In the
morning, bake at 325 degrees until brown and desired firmness is reached
(I used to cook mine well over an hour so that they were really hard).

Note: Add cinnamon for flavor if desired.

2.  'Cause Your Special Biscuit mix

3.  What I did was made my own, found a recipe in the Incredible Edible
Gluten-Free Food for Kids by Sheri L. Sanderson, Grain-Free Honey
Grahams, tweeked it a bit by leaving out the honey & cinnamon and sugar
replaced it with fruit sweet and date sugar, then on some of them I added
cheese (parmesan & cheddar), another one was an almond butter.  They were
all a hit with both my kids and still are.

4.  Mi-Del arrowroot cookies

5.  bread sticks made out of gf pizza dough

6.  A company makes them - www.happyhappyhappy.com

7.  Gerber wagon wheels

8.  Glutano Short Cake Ring cookies (dissolves easily in the mouth)

9.  Sorella Bakery gf Biscottines

10.  GF frozen bagels

11.  Health Valley Rice Bran Crackers

Thanks everybody!