From:
Eileen J <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 1997 19:03:01 -0800

Hi all,

My name's Eileen. My husband of 10 cranky years was told (finally) to try
laying off gluten about six weeks ago. This after 8 years of diagnostic
tests of various and unpleasant types.

I found you guys about two weeks ago, have been trying the chats on Monday
night and seem to have devoted an incredible amount of time to cooking
suddenly.

Now I kinda need your help.

I talked to the Vancouver chapter of the CCA, who told me to have SO's
doctor refer him to a gastroentrologist at one of the two teaching
hospitals in our city.

Today SO saw his doctor who has referred him to an allergist.

Should I be concerned about this? What can an allergist do?

I was beginning to understand that coeliac disease was an auto-immune
problem, does that make it an allergy?

Should we insist harder to see a gastroentrologist?

SOs family doctor seemed aware of what coeliac disease was, I just wonder
why an allergist as the next step. So we can find out he's allergic to
yeast, tomatoes, oranges and all manner of other things? I don't understand
the point of doing that first, before the biopsy.

Eileen