From:
Laurencia Ciprus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laurencia Ciprus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2007 21:34:35 -0400

Responded to the request by fellow listmates to contact Starbucks and
galvanize our efforts. Spent quite a while with the guy on the other
end who was extremely interested in any information I could provide.

He indicated that they currently use regional bakers who provide
their baked goods as outside vendors and imdicated comcerms about how
to bypass cross contamination. I suggested that  Foods by George
could be a potentially  elegantly solution - at least within their
shipping radius which I understand far exceeds the greater New York
area. The benefit to our community would be brand recognition as well
as a verifiable and wide gluten free product line. I also mentioned
Kinnikinnick, Glutino and Glutano as widely accepted brand names.

We also discussed the GF menus at Outback Steakhouse and PF Chang's
for them to look at as a model as they are considering opening up a
wider variety of products to the GF community. It appears that our
collective voices are finally being heard - and certainly it must
have something to do with the fact that we are a new market segment
which could generate lots of revenue!

Let's keep up the momenteum as Panera Bread has no interest in our
needs!!! I would love everyone to contact them as well and maybe get
the same result.

Thanks for the suggestion,
Laurencia

*******