From:
"Brandt, Chuck" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 07:26:31 -0500

In keeping with the posting by Linda Goldkrantz, the letter I received
about these products being GF came from Pittsburgh, Pa, USA.  However,
the company rep said she contacted Berlin, Germany to find out the GF
status.  I assume this means they are GF everywhere.  However, I will
follow-up on this and find out for sure.

I strongly agree with Linda about all of us contacting companies.  On
one hand, it does raise company awareness and give evidence of our
numbers.  Also, although a surprising number of reps are CD literate,
some have misconceptions.  Talking to these reps (or companies) promotes
CD education and understanding

I've also experienced unexpected benefits of calling and contacting
companies.  First, it has proved to be an empowering experience.  I've
been GF for 10 months and the diet is depressing and overwhelming
sometimes.  Now that I'm involved with contacting companies, I feel like
I'm taking charge and getting the upper hand.  Second, I'm finding lots
of good things to eat and drink.  It's become almost like a game or
treasure hunt.

So, like Linda, I would recommend calling/contacting companies, even if
you already know the GF status of their products.  All of us will
benefit.

Chuck (Delaware, USA)