From:
Penny Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2000 19:44:36 EDT

I received approximately five responses regarding Taco Bell.  Everyone seems
to have gotten the impression I was talking about items that most certainly
have gluten in them, namely their grown beef mixture.

The Tostadas (shells or filling) did  not contain any meat (or gluten).  Up
until around a month ago a number of Taco Bell Restaurants in the Virginia
Beach, VA area were not preparing the Tostada shells in the same oil as the
other items.  This was verified by several individuals (a Taco Bell employee
and a CSA group member) at a number of restaurants.

 However, they are now using the same oil for the products containing gluten,
and cross-contamination is very likely!!  Just thought you all would like
this further information.

Penny
Virginia Beach, VA