From:
Barbara Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 22:29:25 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I received a call from a 78 year old woman recently diagnosed with
celiac who is also lactose intolerant.  She has no access to a computer.

Can those of you who are in the same situation tell me what you use for
butter/margarine, puddings, and cheeses?  How about the lactose free
milks?   I haven't had any experience with  lactose intolerance.

She mentioned that she has had open heart surgery recently as well and
needs to take a baby aspirin a day.  She uses Bayer and I think that I
read that Bayer may not be GF - not sure about lactose.  I suggested
that she should call the company to be sure and if it is not GF and
lactose free, she might be able to find another brand that would be
safe.

She mentioned that she was really having a hard time with the whole
diet.  She also said that she doesn't cook much and prefers to eat out.
I would think that would be doubly tough being both gluten and lactose
intolerant.  Any suggestions that I might give her would be appreciated.

Thank you for all of your help.

Barbara in Illinois