From:
Ruth M. Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 08:45:12 -0500

I knew most of Wrigley's gum was GF  but I wondered about the Eclipse
sugar free.  This is the e-mail I recieved for the complany. I was
please to have them include info on corn also.

Dear Ruth:

Thank you for visiting our web site, Wrigley.com, to ask about
the gluten content of Wrigley's gum.

You will be pleased to know that Wrigley brands (including
Eclipse sugarfree gum) contain no wheat, rye, oats or barley
gluten.  However, does your sensitivity extend to other types
of gluten?  We ask only because several of our brands contain
corn syrup, which may have trace amounts of corn gluten in it.
The amount of gluten in one stick is less than 0.2 milligrams,
but if you are extremely sensitive, you may want to consult
with your physician before chewing our brands.

Additionally, no packaging material directly next to our
product contains gluten sources.  There may be instances when
starches are used on the label around each individual stick of
gum, but these starches are produced from corn or potatoes,
not from wheat, rye, barley, oats, millet or buckwheat.

By the way, since our formulations change from time to time,
you may want to check back with us periodically to verify this
information.

We hope we've been helpful.  Again, thanks for stopping by our
site.

Sincerely yours,

Barbara C. Zibell
Manager-Consumer and Public Relations Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company