From:
CAROLE C UK <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
CAROLE C UK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2007 19:30:41 -0400

HI, I wonder if anyone else has possible refractory celiac disease?  What
course of treatment is there?  My husband aged 69 is likely to be given
steroids this week, he has been on GF diet since Jan 2006, dagnosed celiac by
endoscopy, is very light in weight, has good appetite, keen to work in garden
& house, but hasn't always got enough energy, suffered with campylobacter
infection in nov 06, further endoscopy July 07, when looking for bacterial
overgrowth found hemolytic streptococcus July 07.  I just wondered if others
have responded after a longer period of GF diet, or if steroids have helped?  I
have found that doctors not keen to check for low stomach acid, pancreatic
insufficiency, and only checked for SIBO after me wittering on about it.  Has
anyone any advice please?

All the best,
Carole C, UK