From:
Cecilia Vohl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 14:03:09 -0700

Hi!

I thought I would relate my experience with NAET by a homeopath who is
certified in NAET treatments.  Unfortunately, it did not work for me.  After
the treatments, I spoke to a chiropractor friend who told me the NAET
treatments will not work if you are not "cleansed" first.  This homeopath
used the applied kinesiology method to find the allergies, which would
change weekly.  One week I'd be allergic to vegetable oil but okay on animal
oil.  Then the next week, I'd be allergic to animal oil and not vegetable
oil.  It was totally inconsistent.  After one of the many treatments where
he treated me for about three allergies, I actually could eat those
purportedly allergic foods for about four days.  Then on the fifth, it all
came back with a vengeance.  I don't think he performed a "cleansing," after
reading Gayle's note of what that entailed.  And I NEVER ate any gluten,
even though he said he treated me for it, which he claimed would eliminate
the other allergies.  Then he gave me some herbs to help my immune system.
After feeling sick after a couple days, I peeled back his label to read the
ingredients, and it had MALT in it!  Took me about two weeks to recover from
that faux pas.  So, I guess he gave up and there's no one else in the area
to do the NAET treatments correctly.

Then just last week I went to Spokane to visit a naturopath who apparently
is famous for finding food "allergies" which he believes everyone is born
with and they don't go away (the allergies, not the people).  Any other
sensitivities one might experience from the other foods not found to be the
offending allergy-causing foods is only an irritant while the person is
consuming the "bad" foods that a person is born allergic to.  He was
recommended to me by a friend who suffered with gastro and fatigue
complaints for about 15 years and was about to commit hari-kari when he was
told about this doctor.  My friend found he was allergic to citric acid and
that certain combinations of foods caused digestive difficulties.  He is now
recovered and says he owes this doc his life.  My friend also said that
everyone who goes to this doctor responds positively.  This doc says it will
take approximately from three to six weeks to really feel the difference.
And it's been...let's see...a whole six days!!  I'll have to admit, it was
amazing to learn of my fourth allergy (I already had guessed three), eggs,
which is in lots of stuff and I ate eggs pretty regularly.

Fortunately, my NAET treatments were covered by insurance.  If they weren't,
then I'd really be upset.  I guess I haven't figured out what makes me look
like a guinea pig to these doctors!  If anybody wants to know more about the
NAET or the test that was done by the doc in Spokane, email me and I'll let
you know.  I just thought since there was a lot of talk about this NAET
treatment, I should relate my experience with it.

Cecilia Vohl