From:
Rick Larock <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rick Larock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 09:11:29 -0400

Hello all,

Thank you for you kind replies.  I appreciate being able to draw on you experience.  I received 11 replies.

5 used Goya regularly without problem.  1 regular user had proven negative antibodies.  Although, 1 raised the question of individual sensitivity.

2 have used Goya occasionally, but preferred to use rice flour from Thailand, found in oriental or farmers markets.

2 said definitely do not use, citing reports of contamination and also the question of airborne contamination.

2 others  1 a worrier like me and another a question about the Wal-Mart supercenter - regarding that I live in Northeastern Pa where there are Wal-Mart supercenters aplenty.  Sorry Californians.

I am feeling more confident about the Goya and probably will use it.  I am going to check out our local farmers market and hunt for an oriental market nearby.  The Thai produced flours do sound like a good idea.

Again thank you all for all your help.

Susan