Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 2014 14:28:16 -0400

Hi all,

I just wanted to share my visit with Dr. Green at the Celiac Center.  BEST MONEY spent! I'm in NC but traveled to NY because my GI told me nothing other than GI symptoms exist with CD.  I don't think my health is worth wasting my time on anymore.  I want to go directly to someone who understands this disease.  I had several people on this page suggest Dr. Green, so thanks for the push.

I spent a solid hour with Dr. Green.  He greeted us, took us directly to his office, asked a bunch of questions, did an exam and drew blood.  ALL HIMSELF!!!

I'm still waiting on results of blood work, but I found out something that was like a weight off my shoulders.  I've always felt strongly I've had this since I was a kid.  And he confirmed it, but much earlier than I thought.

When I was little, we had well water, so my parents gave my sister and I fluoride to make up for it.  I developed white spots on my teeth.  Even though my sister didn't have the same problem, the pediatrician said it was an OD of fluoride that caused this.  Turns out it was due to CD.  I developed it before the age of 7 when enamel is formed!

I still cannot get over the fact I had tall tale signs of this disease for perhaps 40+ years and not one doc figured it out.  Even my GI who diagnosed me in December didn't know the teeth thing.  He couldn't tell me how long I had CD.

I'm really thankful I didn't develop cancer as a result of having this disease for 4 decades.  Of course, I have teeth issues and other health issues.

So just wanted to share/spread the wealth.  If you're thinking of going to a Celiac Center for help, I recommend it.

*******
*******