From:
Christina Kuhne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christina Kuhne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 19:21:20 +1000

Hi again to all my fellow Celiac Friends

This query is just to satisfy my own curiosity.

I am wondering if there is a relationship between getting gluten after being gluten free for several years( except accidents) and the return of panic attacks

Here briefly is my story on my panic attacks.

Shortly prior to being diagnosed with Celiac my panic attack appeared and made my life unbearable for almost a year. Dr definitely thought the panic attacks were related to Celiac. Anyway after about a year of remaining Gluten Free and also counseling, no drugs. I was able to control them. They didn't go away but I learnt to control them and they became far and few between. Now in the last two days I have had 4 which is very unusual for me now rarely have that many in a month. Also about a week ago I got a large dose of Gluten by accident was sick for a day or so and now my question is ....Does the ingestion of Gluten bring the return with a vengeance of the Panic attacks? Does this happen to anyone else? I have suspected this before but now it seems to coincidental to be not related. Any help on this subject will be grateful received.

Also to all that replied regarding my rash, I am sorry for not posting a summary but have been busy then sick.
Thanks for all the suggestions they were great, but the mystery seems to have resolved itself in my case. You see I suspected my foundation cream so remained without it for a week the rash cleared up completely, didn't use anything but good old soap and water on it, and a bit of moisturizer. Anyway I applied some foundation cream on Saturday, and that night the rash was just as bad as ever.  Seems to be an allergy to the cream.  Something that surprised me as it is a brand I have been using for a while however is a new bottle so maybe they changed the formula, anyway am looking at getting an allergy free one now.

Thanks so much and hope all you knowledgeable people can help me again

Christina