From:
The Raleigh's <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Raleigh's <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2007 18:23:18 -0400

A co-worker of mine heard Alexis Stewart bashing the gluten-free diet on
her Sirius radio show yesterday (8/7/07). She said her comments were
very rude and ignorant. Alexis wants to know how many people are really
allergic to gluten...perhaps everyone should let her know! The email for
the show is [log in to unmask]

I have copied below the summary of the episode as printed on the website:
Allergies, Shmallergies…
Not only is it Hump Day, but it’s also the day The New York Times has
its weekly food section. However, Alexis hasn’t been too happy with the
way it has been lately. They used to put out some really great recipes
but now they only feature articles about weird and “trendy” places to
eat. How many people want to hear about the new gluten-free restaurant?
Alexis wants recipes! Alexis wants to cook! Alexis also has a problem
with a restaurant that is completely gluten-free. How many people out
there are actually allergic to gluten? Jennifer thinks it has a lot to
do with the younger girls not wanting to eat it in hopes of losing
weight. Alexis thinks a lot of people lie about their allergies. Instead
of just saying, “I don’t like cilantro” they decide to pretend to be
allergic to it. The girls went out to lunch with a friend the other day
and she pulled the “allergic to cilantro” trick. The girls knew she was
making it up and just didn’t want to eat it for whatever reason. Just
tell them you don’t like cilantro!

<>If anyone subscribes to Sirius satellite radio, I think you can listen
to the show online from the archives. Go to:
http://www.whateverradio.com/website/shows.php?s=1185940800&id=281

BTW, apparently Alexis is having fertility problems...wonder if she's
been tested for celiac!

~ Paula