From:
Richard Lovegrove <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Lovegrove <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2013 14:59:07 -0400

After one person mentioned problems she had had with Chipotle, I posted my experience with the chain, which has been positive (I ate at the Blacksburg, Va., one today). Ten people replied. Nine of them recommended Chipotle and the 10th had a bad experience in Denver and a good one in Thornton, Colo. Some of the comments included:

"I agree. I eat there all the time. With no issues. "

"Have never ever had a problem at a Chipotle, in any state. We ask them to change their gloves and then follow us down the line. My daughter is super sensitive. Never been an issue to date."

"Overall I've had great experiences at both Chipotle and Qdoba. The world isn't gluten free, but these places have done their best to get me a safe meal and I haven't felt any contamination issues afterward (and I am sensitive)."

"I think that Chipotle is arguably the safest "fast food" option for me.  Plus … well … it's REALLY good!  Oh, and there's that sustainability thing, no hormones/antibiotics, labeling of GMOs and all that there.  But that's just sort of a plus."

"I'm with you on Chipotle. I have a teenage son (celiac) and it's his favorite place. We've eaten in them in at least half a dozen states and always found them to be great. At our local one they change gloves when they see us next in line and always get out fresh cheese and sour cream tubs."

Of course, as is true at almost any restaurant, there are no guarantees.

Richard