From:
"Vicki E. Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vicki E. Jones
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:57:12 -0600

Dear Listmates -
Wow! What a great group!
I had lots of great suggestions for soy-free GF protein bars:

-One listmate suggested making my own, and providing the
following sites for products and for recipes:

<http://www.gfcf-recipe-resource.com/ >
lota of proven recipes to make your own

<http://www.foodallergykitchen.com/recipes.asp >

-One listmate suggested carrying a bag of nuts and dried fruits
-One listmate suggested the Gluten Free Mall -
<http://www.glutenfreemall.com>
-One listmate suggested Jackson Whole Bars - made of fruit, seeds,
nuts, and
honey  <http://www.thewholebar.com/index.htm >
-One suggested Organic Food Bar at Trader Joe's (bright yellow wrapper)
also available online at <http://organicfoodbar.com>
-One suggested typing in "gluten-free, soy-free protein bars" on Google
-A large number of listmates suggested Lara Bar (or maybe that's Larabar),
website is <http://www.larabar.com>
-One said to check out Aunt Candice Foods online and their snack bars
-Two suggested Andi Bars, <http://www.autismndi.com>
-A nice person from Enjoy Life Foods said they are reformulating their
snack
bars, and will send a sample of the new ones when available. These are
soy-free.
<http://www.enjoylifefoods.com>
-One listmate said Prime Health Dietary Supplements Inc has soy-free
protein bars,
website <http://www.thinkproducts.com>

Whew! That's quite a list.
A word of caution:  One of the above, when I looked at ingredients, had
soy protein
in it, and I don't recall which one, so do check the list of ingredients.

Thank you, everyone.
Vicki