From:
TED MARCUS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 16:14:21 -0500

I have not verified the following, but am simply passing on what others
sent me:

***

Publix brand is GF

**

I got these from posts to the list, have not
checked them personally. I have found that the Giant house brands
clearly list ALL ingredients and the ones I have checked are gf
(recently ibuprofen). ...my current understanding is that there is no
real chance of cross contamination prior to the product being produced
so the only real worry is the actual ingredients.

**

For  coated (enteric) aspirin I got five responses that Ecotrin(Smith
Kline Beecham 800-245-1040), 81 or 325 mg., is GF.

**

Per phone call to Perrigo today, as of the present time, all Equate
brand liquid and tablet products MADE BY PERRIGO are GF.  These products
are sold by Walmart.  Perrigo's phone number is 800-719-9260.  To recheck
periodically, take the 800 number with you to Walmart and before  you
purchase, have the pharmacy call Perrigo with the lot number of the
product you wish to purchase and they can tell them immediately if it is
GF.  Customer service is available until 5 pm EST Monday thru Friday.

**

I also called on Bayer aspirin and was told that all Bayer products
could contain trace amounts of gluten (nonmeasurable) because they
cannot say that the ingredients that they purchase are completely GF.
However, the customer service rep did say that they have not changed
their formulas.  She also mentioned that it is on the drawing board to
certify all companies that they buy their ingredients from and that
should solve the problem.

**

You can call WhiteHall-Robins toll free by dialing 1-800-322-3129.
Jr. Strength Advil Chewable Tablets, grape flavor Advil Migraine Liqui-
Gels Maximum Strength Anacin tablets, microcoated

***

Walgreens brand is (the last time I checked).

Ted Marcus
Sr. Systems Analyst
UMMS-ITG
(v)  410-328 2936