From:
Kirsten Klinghammer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 09:21:08 -0400

>   Apparently, Kellogg's has Puffed Rice and Corn Pops that are now gf.  The
> consumer rep told me that Kellogg's Puffed Rice is generally only sold to
> hospitals and institutions.

    I don't know whether you have the option in your area, but many
restaurant/business wholesale stores are open to consumers as well as
to businesses.  Perhaps Sam's Club (somewhat restricted), Gordon Food
Service (not restricted), or some other such store would have Kellogg's
Puffed Rice.  I have found a number of foods at restaurant supply houses
that can't be bought in regular supermarkets, in addition to a wide
selection of foods at very good prices (usually avaiable in quantity only,
mind you).  You might also contact Kellogg's to find out which
wholesalers/distributors carry the Puffed Rice in your area.

                 Good luck in your search,

                 Kirsten Klinghammer
                 (finally catching up on her CELIAC list mail ;-)