From:
Jenny Leeds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 07:48:45 PST

Dear Listmembers,

In light of Grampa Jim's recent post and several other posts
regarding FDA labelling, truth in labelling, etc...I found a
very useful site:
http://www.skyisland.com/OnlineResources/

It's geared to all people with food allergies and intolerances.
They've put together a petition, ready to print, sign, and send
off.  We could either join their cause (numbers, people, large
numbers, have a bigger voice), or use theirs as a "template",
and create our own.

Other useful bits of info from them: product alerts about hidden
ingredients and food additives, interesting articles about genetic
engineering, and an assortment of good links.

These people are well-organized. (The organization is called
Food Allergy Survivors Together-F.A.S.T.)  Does anyone on the
list belong to them?  If you do, would you respond to this post
and let me know what you think of their group?  For the rest of
us: Do yo think we should join forces with other "survivors",
or should we start something ourselves?

Check the page out.  Let me know what you think.
Jenny