From:
Jane Winkenwerder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 16:37:23 EST

I told you I would let you know when I heard from Kraft.  Here is the letter
they sent me.  You will note that I received this letter on Dec. 7 1999, but
the list is actually from February 5, 1998 (stated at bottom of page after
natural cheeses).  I personally will not eat their cream cheese.  I am one of
the very sensitive individual and I DO NOT eat any product that I do not know
is GF.  I only provide this list in hopes that it will help others.  Always
read the labels of any product you are going to use.  The ingredients can
change at any time.

Happy holidays
Jane
Fargo, ND

December 7, 1999
Mrs. Jane Winkenwerder

Dear Mrs. Winkenwerder,

I'm happy you took time out of your busy schedule to contact us. I hope what
I've enclosed will be helpful to you and that it's just what you were looking
for.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you in the future.

Remember, food brings us together and together we can make something good!

Sincerely,

Kim McMiller
Consumer Resource Manager
6907561/8648582
Enclosure

NUT, GLUTEN FREE LIST - KRAFT FOODS

KRAFT FOODS
We understand how important if is for people who have been medically
diagnosed with gluten sensitivity to have accurate information about foods to
help plan their meals and diets.

In -response- -to-inquiries Iike yours about the gluten content of our
products, we have developed a product list to help guide your food
selections. Based on information and assurances that we have obtained from
companies who supply the ingredients we use in our products, the following
products are made with ingredients that do NOT contain gluten.

In developing this list, we were deliberately selective so that it would be
accurate and informative for a reasonable amount of time. If a product you
are interested in does not appear on the list, it may still be appropriate
for you to consume. We recommend that you base your decision on the
ingredient line and your personal experience. If you want to be conservative,
assume that a source of gluten may be present.

However, even for those products on the list, please continue to read the
ingredient statements carefully at the time you purchase the product.

Thank you for contacting us. We hope this information and the information on
our food labels is useful in helping you choose foods to meet your dietary
needs.

LIST OF KRAFT PRODUCTS THAT DO NOT CONTAIN SOURCES OF GLUTEN

Based on information and assurances that we have obtained from companies who
supply the ingredients we use in our products, the following products are
made with ingredients that do not contain sources of gluten. Please continue
to carefully read the ingredient statements on all food labels to obtain the
most accurate ingredient information for the specific products you select at
the time of purchase. If a product you are interested in does not appear on
the list, it may still be appropriate for you to consume. We recommend that
you base your decision on the ingredient line and your personal experience.
If you want to be conservative, assume that a source of gluten may be present.

BEVERAGE PRODUCTS

KOOL-AID Unsweetened Soft Drink Mix (All flavors)
KOOL-AID Sugar Sweetened Soft Drink Mix (All flavors)
KOOL-AID Sugar Free Low Calorie Soft Drink Mix (All flavors)
KOOL-AID BURSTS Ready-to-Drink Soft Drinks (All flavors)
CAPRI SUN ALL NATURAL Juice Drink (All flavors)

CRYSTAL LIGHT Low Calorie Soft Drink Mix (All flavors)

MR. FREEZE Freezer Bars (Assorted Flavors, Tropical Flavors)

DESSERT AND SNACK PRODUCTS

JELL-0 Brand Gelatin Desserts (Dry Gelatin Mixes)
    Sugar Sweetened Gelatin (All flavors)
    Sugar Free Gelatin (All flavors)
JELL-O Brand Gelatin Snacks (Ready-to-Eat Gelatin)
    Sugar Sweetened Gelatin Snacks (All flavors)
    Sugar Free Gelatin (All flavors)

MINUTE Tapioca
COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
COOL WHIP Lite Whipped Topping
COOL WHIP FREE Whipped Topping
COOL WHIP Extra Creamy Whipped Topping
DREAM WHIP Whipped Topping Mix
NATURAL CHEESE (BRICK TYPE)

KRAFT Natural Cheddar Cheese (Extra Sharp, Sharp, Medium, Mild)

February 5, 1998

List of kraft products that do not contain sources of gluten
(continued)
Based on information and assurances that we have obtained from companies who
supply the ingredients we use in our products, the following products are
made with ingredients that do not contain sources of gluten. Please continue
to carefully read the ingredient statements on all food labels to obtain the
most accurate ingredient information for the specific products you select at
the time of purchase. If a product you are interested in does not appear on
the list, it may still be appropriate for you to consume. We recommend that
you base your decision on the ingredient line and your personal experience.

If you want to be conservative, assume that a source of gluten may be present.

RICE

MINUTE Brand Instant Enriched Long Grain White Rice
MINUTE Brand Instant Enriched Premium Long Grain White Rice
MINUTE Brand Instant Pre-cooked Boil-in-Bag Long Grain White Rice

BAKING AND CANNING INGREDIENTS

BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut (Bag and Can)
BAKER'S Premium Shred Coconut
BAKER'S Real Milk Chocolate Chips
BAYER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Flavored Chips
BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar
BAKER'S Bittersweet Chocolate Bar
BAKER'S Unsweetened Chocolate Bar
BAKER'S White Chocolate Bar
BAKER'S GERMAN'S Sweet Chocolate Bar

CALUMET Baking Powder

SURE JELL EVER-FRESH Fruit Protector
SURE JELL Fruit Pectin
SURE JELL For Lower Sugar Recipes
CERTO Liquid Fruit Pectin
MCP Fruit Pectin

GROUND COFFEE FOR ALL COFFEE MAKERS

MAXWELL HOUSE Coffee (Regular, Reduced Caffeine/Lite, Naturally Decaffeinated)
MAXWELL HOUSE Coffee Filter Packs/Filter Pack Singles (Regular, Naturally
Decaffeinated)
YUBAN Coffee
GEVALIA Coffee (Ground Coffee, Whole Bean) (Regular, Decaffeinated)
SANKA Naturally Decaffeinated Coffee

INSTANT COFFEE

MAXWELL HOUSE Instant Coffee (Regular, Reduced Caffeine/Lite, Naturally
Decaffeinated)
SANKA Naturally Decaffeinated Instant Coffee
MAXIM Instant Coffee
YUBAN Instant Coffee