Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2007 13:33:23 -0500

One more thing to check off your to-do list.

Finding your favorite gluten free candy canes.

Try these:

Natural Candy Canes, 12-pack
by Pure Fun

Eating gluten free means knowing what is in your food.  For us, this included
the awareness of all of the other yucky stuff in our food such as GMO's and
high fructose corn syrup etc.  So if you are going the extra step of seeking
out gluten free candy canes, why not make them as healthy as possible. Pure
Fun candy canes are synthetic dye-free and are flavored with natural
peppermint oil. They are also vegan and free of GMO's, wheat, gluten, soy,
nuts, dairy and eggs. Produced in a nut free facility.

Ingredients: Unrefined sugar, glucose syrup, natural flavor, natural color,
water, citric acid.

Order them at http://www.naturalcandystore.com/c-natural-candy-canes-
sticks?gclid=COSe4aCZhZACFQVrgwodrwE9tw

That being said, I do understand how great it is just to be able to pick up a
candy cane at the grocery store and not worry about it.

Here are some popular brands that are gluten free:

Bob's Candy Canes are made by Farley's and Sathers Candy Co.
The label will state any allergens.  "Farley's & Sathers Candy Company, Inc.
does not provide lists to consumers of food items that do not contain specific
allergens or items that are gluten free. Package labels contain the most
current nutritional, ingredient, and allergen information the company can
provide. All products containing or packaged on lines with other products
containing allergens maintain current packaging with our allergen statement on
the package."

Hershey's Candy Canes:  Hershey's will also list any allergens.

LifeSaver Candy Canes:  Are made by Kraft, which will list gluten as wheat,
rye, barley or oat.

Spangler Candy Canes:  There website states that "Candy Canes, Cane
Classics, Dum Dum Canes and Dum Dum Chewy Pops do not contain the gluten
protein found in wheat, barley, rye, or oats."

Let me know if you have any to add to the list!

Yours truly,
www.glutenfreemom.com or http://glutenfreemom.typepad.com/

*******
*******