From:
shinma 1 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 18:37:14 PDT

Hi everyone.

I received several responses and it seems the winner is...mochi!

-----------------------------

The following recipe is courtesy of Cecilia Vohl:

Preheat oven to 450.

Cut mochi in inch squares and place on cookie sheet sprayed with cooking
spray (gf, of course) or brushed with butter - place them about an inch
apart.  They will "grow" like Snakes on 4th of July!

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until grown and golden brown.

Mix together yoghurt cheese and honey to taste.

Remove mochi from oven and let cool for a minute or two.

Cut open a slit in the cooled mochi and stuff with cheese and honey mixture.
(Cecilia makes her own yoghurt cheese.)

-------------------------------

I also received the following book recommendation:

    Wood, Marion N.
    DELICIOUS AND EASY RICE FLOUR RECIPES: Gluten-Free.
    A Sequel To Gourmet Food On A Wheat-Free Diet (2nd Ptg.)
    '81, 160 pp.
    $29.95, spiral (paper)
    ISBN 0-398-02441-3

you can order it from the *publisher* here:

    http://www.ccthomas.com/catalog/biosci/ndfs.html

it has a chapter (6 pp) on chou paste, or puff pastry, moslty dealing
with appetizers and fancy luncheons.

This is an initial summary as I was only able to respond to a few and am
about to leave for vacation.  If I receive more, I'll post when I return.

Thanks to everyone for the recipe and book suggestions!

angie (los angeles)