From:
Thomas Schaefer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thomas Schaefer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 18:27:48 -0500

I tried this tonight for the first time and thought I'd share it with you all because it was soo good and has an easy crust to put together.
Crab Quiche
3 cups cooked rice
2 TB melted butter
l egg, beaten
l l/2 cups (scant) half-and-half
l/3 cup mayonnaise
l/2 cup grated onion
l/2 tsp cayenne, or to taste
l tsp instant chicken bouillon ( I melted a Knorr cube and added some)
2 eggs beaten
l cup shredded swiss cheese (didn't have it so used Monterey Jack and cheddar)
l (6-ounce) can crabmeat
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Mix the rice, butter and l egg in a small bowl. Press over bottom and side of a 9-or 10 inch deep pie plate.
Combine the half and half, mayo, onion, cayenne, bouillon, 2 eggs, cheese and crabmeat in a large bowl; mix well.
Pour over the rice mixture.
Bake at 350 45-55 minutes. Mine took about l hour.
May prepare the crust and filling the day before, refrigerate separately and assemble just before baking.
Hope that some of you can enjoy this recipe.
Happy 2003.   Nancy in N.C.