From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 11:24:09 -0700

Hi All--

Someone just recently posted something on Lipton Onion
Soup, or Lipton soups in general. I recall that the
poster stated they would continue to use the onion
soup mix (correct me if I'm misstating here).

I fixed 7-10 venison steaks in the crockpot on Tuesday
and used the Lipton Onion Soup mix (in the packet). I
added just a little water and potatoes. I took some of
the steaks and potatoes to work for lunch on Wednesday
and was miserable by evening with a gluten reaction.

Since I forgot to fix a veggie, the meat and potatoes
and a banana was all I had for lunch. I didn't eat
anything for supper.....

I get the venison from a friend who goes hunting every
year and processes the meat himself - absolutely no
possibility of gluten contamination there; I've had no
problem when I use a tomato based sauce with the
venison. I used the last envelope of Lipton Onion Soup
mix I had a few months ago with some of the venison
and had no problem...I had just bought a new box on
Monday.

If anyone has any insight into what I might have
missed, I would love to know. I just hate not having
that soup mix to use!

One question that probably should be considered is how
sensitive a person is to gluten ingestion. I'm
becoming more sensitive as time goes by. If someone
who doesn't seem to be as sensitive uses this soup
mix, they may believe it's still gf.

Dang it, I hate always feeling like a guinea pig when
eating food that's not guaranteed to be gf!

Cheers,
Ayn/Kansas