Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 17:47:23 -0400

Summary of info from my request re gluten free dining cards.

Dining cards are little cards that you hand to the waitperson to take
back to the chef, hoping that they will understand and be helpful.
Personally, I have used the Kinnikinnick English-language cards quite
successfully, and the Celiac Travel Thai card as well.  Not all Thai
restaurants are run by Thai people, but if the personnel speak Thai then
that card has been useful to me. I print the cards out on card stock on
my home printer, and cut them up.

Below are the responses I have received, summarized in the form of two
lists : free and not free.  There is also a long list at the wiki.
http://celiac.wikicities.com/wiki/Main_Page . Wikis are designed so that
anyone in the world can edit any of the posts, so if you disagree with
the information there you can add to it/change it to your heart's
content!  The wiki team cautions all who post that they should be
prepared to have their work heavily edited by people worldwide.

For example, if there is a good review of a restaurant and someone else
has a bad experience there, they might add a note that they have had an
unfortunate experience etc.  This provides a review that is always
getting closer to "correct" which is a goal of the wiki model.

Alice
Free:

Tri-County Celiac Sprue Support Group (English
only)

Gluten Free Pantry (www.glutenfree.com) (English
only)

Zoeliakie
(www.zoeliakie-info.de/Sprachinfo/sprachinfo.html)

http://www.kinnikinnick.com/media/pdfs/restcard.pdf (English)

http://www.glutenfreerestaurants.org/print.php Restaurant cards in
English and Spanish from the Gluten-Free Restaurant Awareness Program.

http://www.celiactravel.com/restaurant-cards.html (many, many languages)

----------------------------------
For a fee:

-- Triumph Dining (www.triumphdining.com <http://www.triumphdining.com>)
- ($9.95 for
set of six cards covering American, Mexican, Thai,
Indian, Japanese, and Chinese cuisines)

-- www.dietarycard.com. UK cards in English, French, German, Italian and
Spanish.

-- http://www.celiac.ca/eproducts.html
Gluten Free Canada ($5 for book of six european
languages)

-- LIVING WITHOUT. www.LivingWithout.com . Living Without magazine
offers a Gluten-Free Dining Card, Casein Free Dining Card, and Gluten-Free
Shopping Tips Card for $5 each. Living Without, PO Box 2126, Northbrook, IL
60062.

-- THE GLUTEN/WHEAT-FREE GUIDE TO EATING OUT with Dining Out Card. Order at
www.goodhealthpublishing.com . Price is $20 plus $2.95 shipping. Reviews
about 70 restaurants & chains.

--There are dining/travel cards in eighteen languages in my new book,
T/*he Gluten-Free Bible.*/
Thai, Chinese, French, German, Italian, even Swahili.  English, too, of
course.
  Jax Peters Lowell, author of /*Against The Grain, The Gluten-Free Bible*/

------------------------------
 From the wiki:
http://celiac.wikicities.com/wiki/Main_Page

      to print out