From:
"Judy C. Hettena Wright" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 1997 06:41:47 -0500

Before I knew my saliva was testing positive for gliadins, I had another
round of tests that said I needed enzyme therapy.  I did experience SOME
symptom relief from my intestinal problems from the enzymes (actually, the
first in 18 years), but felt even BETTER later on when I obliterated wheat
from my diet.  So maybe enzyme therapy is a partial help, but not a total
answer.  My naturopath felt that if you hit a situation where you
discovered you had eaten wheat, you should take papain to counteract the
bad effects, but that this wasn't an everyday answer, just an emergency
thing.

Judy Hettena Wright
Vermont