From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2013 22:39:54 -0500

I bought Prevention's Weight Loss Edition at the local supermarket today.  (Just giving them credit for the recipe, not promoting the magazine.)  There were quite a few recipes that can be or are gf.  Here is a recipe for a snack that looked quick and easy....and easy to be gf.  I haven't tried it yet, but will.  It's just small mounds of chocolate melted on corn flakes and raisins.  I'm thinking nuts would work, too. Dried cherries? Maybe top with coconut shreds, before chilling... I always end up doctoring recipes.  The recipe makes 36 pieces.  (I always find it ironic that magazines about weight loss contain desserts and high calorie recipes that I wouldn't normally eat, even if I wasn't trying to lose weight! My two cents.)

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Put 1 / 2 cup semisweet chocolate chips in a medium microwavable bowl and melt on high for 1 minute. Stir till smooth.
Fold in 1 cup of gf cornflakes  (might work with any gf dry unsweetened dry cereal), add 1 / 4 cup raisins,  stir till well combined, being careful not to break cereal.
Drop mixture by teaspoonfuls onto parchment and chill 45 minutes.

The photo showed the pieces being served in small paper cupcake holders.  Would make a pretty display for Valentine's Day.