Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 18:32:16 -0400

I totally agree with Scott Adams and Nancy Lutz' statement "There are
three kinds of replies to requests for information on this list which
are totally -non-helpful. ...etc..". especially the statement about the
food/person is evil. I know when I have posted questions about a
product's GF status if we cannot find out through the mail, internet,
phone or if I am asking about a cooking process or recipe, getting
replies about why would we eat something or why did you use such and
such because it's bad for you (as opposed to using a different
ingredient that would make a recipe work) offers nothing. Don't get me
wrong...95%  of the replies are helpful and I thank those people, but
the other 5% offers nothing constructive. My mom has had enough trouble
adjusting to this diet at age 75 that if there is something she wants to
try, either from the supermarket or homemade, we try it. Comments, like
Nancy said, about the "evilness" of a product is not helpful in the
least. Thanks for "listening" Susan