From:
Mildred Oberkotter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 1997 17:52:39 -0400

Here's a summary of responses to my earlier summary.  I've lost one of those
between malabsorption and visual problems.  I now tend to agree.  I'm
wondering if celiac research and/or medical profession have recognized any
such relatoinship?  ARe we onto something new?

Mildred Oberkotter

My mother age 87 has macular degeneration and has had to stop driving as of
this year.  I think she has had deteriorating eyesight for awhile.  I am 55
and had celiac as a baby, it came back on me about age 51, which my mother
refuses to believe.  She herself has celiac but denies it, I know she does as
when she comes to visit me all her symptoms go away.  She has had a begine
cyst in the colon, terrible allergies, joint pain, rashes, bladder
infections(constant) but still does not believe me.
I do believe that cd affects every organ in the body, there is no doubt that
intestinal problems affect the whold body, people dont understand that.