From:
Victor Dolcourt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Victor Dolcourt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 23:06:41 -0700

Dear Listmates,

Here is a recipe for Pizza that will fool your family and friends - it comes
out extremely close to the "real thing." See:
http://base.google.com/base/a/1101971/4130900773565529138 or search for
"gluten-free pizza" without quotes on http://base.google.com. There are a
lot of steps, but these are pretty much the same steps you would need to
make pizza from wheat flour - maybe the gluten-free version has a few more.
The pizza crust is far better than the frozen crusts you buy already
prepared, and it uses a new, experimental flour mixture that is explained as
a science project at the end of the recipe. Read the science experiment and
perhaps try it in your favorite gluten-free bread recipes. Or skip the
science and just enjoy pizza.

But if you are tired of pizza - how could that ever happen - you can use the
same recipe to make focaccia. The focaccia is just as good as we used to get
at the Mountain View (CA) Farmers' Market. In case you want to know, I
played the mad scientist and my wife made the focaccia and pizza. And one
more confession - like all good inspirations, I made a fortuitous goof which
actually improved the recipe. But, unlike Charles Goodyear, I don't plan to
confess the details behind the goof.

Enjoy your pizza.

Vic - Sunnyvale, CA

*******