From:
Troy and Amy Budreau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 14:13:36 -0600

Someone made a post regarding Pringles, but I deleted it by mistake so I
don't have the return address so I am posting this to all of you!  I
e-mailed Pringles and asked them about the status of the chips (also
stating that I was disappointed that the regular Pringles now has wheat
flour as a product) and this is what I got in reply:

Hi Amy.

We are aware of the seriousness of true food allergies and want to
make sure you have the most current and correct information.
Because products change and consumers may refer to outdated,
incorrect information, we no longer send out printed lists of
products which do or do not contain particular ingredients.

The Food Allergy Network (FAN) is an organization for people who've
already been diagnosed with food allergies.  FAN strongly
recommends reading every label for specific information about the
product.  For an ingredient to be an allergen, it must contain
protein.  If any known allergenic food or food component is in the
product, it will be listed on the label.

For more specific information about reading labels, please contact
the Food Allergy Network at 1-800-929-4040.  If consumers call, FAN
will send a sample newsletter, information and recipes.

Theresa
USA Pringles Team

Amy
West Branch, IA, USA