From:
Holly Gallahue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 21:03:09 EDT

only a few responses but my daughter was sick for 3 days so the Canola oil is
OUT for us!!! i will just brown bag it from now on when we go to the movies.
thanks Holly

This isn't the kind of information many people want to hear, but I'll offer
my 2 cents. When I was first diagnosed I asked a couple of movie theaters to
see the ingredient list on the oil and butter - seems that one looked okay
and the other had natural flavorings of some sort. For a year or so, I only
ate at the one that didn't seem at all risky. Now I just eat whatever popcorn
is offered, as I've never seen any ingredient list say anything odd other
than natural or artificial flavorings or colorings. I no longer worry if the
only thing questionable is flavorings or colorings, and I seem to be doing
fine. It's an individual decision.

I get it w/out butter and it makes me sick no matter which theater...so I
don't buy it anymore.  :((

I have read the labels on the oil and it seems to be
coconut oil and it is OK.  I've also read the butter
and that seems to be OK also.  I eat the popcorn
without the butter because its to much crap for me and
I have not had a reaction yet.  However I would highly
suggest that you ask to read the containers before you
eat the food as all theaters do not use the same
ingredients.  The employees seem to be very helpful so
far.  Happy eating.

no can't eat it

Nope....my daughter works in an upscale movie theater in Manhattan....canola
oil for one and other things that you wouldn't want to know about.....
bring you won from home.