From:
Brenda Slater <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brenda Slater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:45:35 -0500

Yesterday, here in Atlanta, GA., I purchased two new GF mixes now being manufactured
by Whole Foods under their 365 private label brand.  The chocolate chip mix is $3.99 and
is VERY good.  Instructions call for only one large egg, but this mix seemed still to be
awfully dry, so I added another egg and the cookies came out great.  Don't try adding
more butter if you think the mix is too dry - it will make the cookies spread out more and
be greasy.  Instructions say to roll into a one inch ball and flatten out on cookie sheet.  I
found this made rather large cookies, so I used half as much dough and didn't bother to
flatten out and got great results.

Their other mix I bought, but have not made up yet, is a muffin mix, to which you can
add just about any ingredient you like in muffins.  I think I'm going to try and make this
up as banana-nut.

The also had mixes for chocolate cake, pancakes, bread.  They're not promoting this on
their web site, nor listing it on their recently updated list of GF products.  They had told
me about two years ago, when they stopped making their GF frosted corn flakes, that
they were working on a line of their own GF products, so I guess this is a result of that.
Only wish they would come out again with GF corn flakes - they were great and I miss
them.  Maybe there's still hope.

Anyway -- try these mixes -- they seem to be good and very reasonably priced!