Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 1998 11:16:00 -0400

Morning Fellow Listers...
A post came across my monitor this morning that raises an interesting point
for me.
The post addressed the fact that wheat comes from the grass family and seeds
do not, thus seeds would not be an issue unless they came directly from the
grasses.

My question is this:  Diagnosed this spring (finally) as having CD, I looked
back at the last few years and the symptoms that sent me to the physician.
Apparently, I've been gluten intolerant for at least five years when my
anemia was first discovered but was given diagnoses like IBS and *nerves* as
the answers.  In the last 3-5 years I developd an allergy to grass.  When
the grass gets cut I get miserable.  Interestingly, this year when the grass
gets cut, I GET SICK.  Headache, vomiting, diarrhea....
sound familiar?  When I ingest small amounts of gluten the problems happen
behind the scenes so to speak causing anemia (iron deficiency and folic
acid).  Anyone else have this type of reaction?  Is there really a
correlation based on the fact that they are ALL grasses?

Bambi, suffering greatly in PA since the grass was cut yesterday