From:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2007 21:24:59 -0600

Last weekend I requested suggestions for dining in W. Hollywood, Larchmont,
Sliverlake/Los Feliz.  Here are the four responses I got.  It is not too
late to send any more, if you happen to think of another good place.

Thanks very much,
Anne at www.chickenparadise.com

My favorite place to eat there is the Real Food Daily on La Cienega in West
Hollywood. It's a vegan restaurant; and they are very familiar with
gluten-free. A knowledgeable and friendly staff.

 <http://www.realfooddaily.com/home.htm>
http://www.realfooddaily.com/home.htm

########
You can have a casual lunch or dinner at Bottega Marino. Bring your own
wine, no corkage! Specific to a gluten free diet would be their eggplant
parmesan which is not breaded. But they have other things that are obviously
gluten free. I particularly like a salad they do with truffle oil to which
you can add grilled chicken.

If you want a fancy delicious dinner, go to Providence on Melrose and Cole.
If you call ahead and tell them you are gluten free they will take care of
you. That being said, even if you don't call in advance, there will be no
problem at all. They actually have very few things on the menu that you
wouldn't be able to eat. Truly amazing food, specializing in fish. Excellent
wine list.

I will warn you about one place not to go, which is probably one of the best
new restaurants in Los Angeles. Mozza on Highland is amazing. I went there
with my husband and friends. The food is incredible but there were probably
only 2 things that I could eat on the entire menu and that was disappointing
because the food was gorgeous!

Oh yes, also on Larchmont, is Prado; sort of a cuban influence. They have
lots of things for you to eat....nice grilled chopped salad for lunch and
then go next door to PinkBerry for delicious frozen yogurt!!!

Mastro's Steakhouse Restaurant - 246 N. Canon Drive Beverly Hills CA 90210
This is on the more expensive side, but what a treat! They do not have a
gluten free menu but have staff that totally understand the concept and will
tell you exactly what you can and can't have. The portions are HUGE so plan
to share. Enjoy!

#######

 I live in West Hollywood, and I can highly recommend Hugo's on Santa Monica
in WeHo.  They even have gluten-free gingerbread pancakes as a lunch special
right now.  Very knowledgeable staff and management, too.