From:
Barbara Kornhauser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 12:35:48 EDT

I received the nicest, quickest responses to my question regarding what my
husband can eat after surgery.

To summarize, Gatorade, cooked rice milk and fruit,Royal gelatin, Jell-O
brand, Swansons chicken broth. Dairy Queen fruit flavored milkshakes,
blizzards and breezes, fat free cool whip, Herb Ox broth cubes, and royal
pudding were some of the items sent that he can have.  I was cautioned about
broth in the hospital due to hydrolyzed vegetable protein.

And I have, as suggested, already contacted the surgeon and hospital
dietitians regarding the food.

The responses we received were so helpful...not just because of the advice
about the food...but also because this list helps us to feel less alone.

Thank you for your support and the good wishes.

Barbara