From:
Mary Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 1996 10:45:05 -0400

Apologies if I am asking a questiion that has been thoroughly discussed on
this list in the past, but does anyone know the gf status of Extra-Strength
Excedrin.

Also: after three months on a gluten-free diet, I ate a single small gnocci
the other night (made with potato and a bit of flour) and had a much
stronger reaction than any obvious symptom I had before diagnosis. (The
symptom leading to diagnosis was iron-deficiency anemia, but no fatigue or
symptoms associated with that). Before diagnosis, I regularly ate a few
wheat crackers and miscellaneous other gluten-containing foods every day.
My hypothesis, expressed to a g-i who specializes in celiac, was that the
normal gluten-containing diet somewhat desensitized me, but three months
post-diagnosis and post-gluten, I have developed more sensitivity. No, he
said. Really? Or did I somehow misunderstand?

I would be interested in the experiences of other (previiously)
asymptomatic celiacs.

Thanks - Mary Brown