Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 06:49:41 -0700

At 01:48 PM 8/4/00 -0700, Holly Gault wrote:

>National exposure will do so much good for the celiac community. Please
>help make this program a reality ? send contributions to:
>
>Healthy Solutions National Awareness Campaign
>C/O GIG
>15110 ? 10th Ave SW, Suite A
>Seattle WA 98166-1820
>
>GIG is a 501(c)3 national non-profit organization. All contributions for
>this cause are a charitable donation.
>
>EIN 91-1458226

I might add that 93 percent of any contribution we send GIG goes straight
into their programs to help or better celiacs. Many charities don't
accomplish anything like this: some of them have from 85 to 95 percent of
any contribution goes to "administrative costs." Before I send money to any
charity I like to check on how they use their money, and GIG is one of the
best. Perhaps it's time for us to consider unifying our efforts behind GIG,
who is responsive to our wishes and suggestions, rather than CSA, who does
not seem to ever be responsive to our interests. We've been looking for an
easy way to unify, and that would seem to be a viable solution. And GIG has
the further benefit of not being run by an autocrat like Leon "Rottweiler"
or whatever his name is :) Just a suggestion to think about. -vance