From:
Solange Moon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 15:24:50 EST

Thanks to all who responded.  Keeping in mind that some of the suggested
products may not work for some of us who are still problematic with soy,
whey, etc., they are at least GF.

Recommended by list members are -

1. Genisoy (many people recommended this one)
2. Myoplex Ultimate Meal Powder (very expensive, but nutritious. I do see the
   body-builders in the gym using it, and it is higher in calories too, so keep
   this in mind)
3. Ensure
4. Naturade
5. AdvantEdge (www.eas.com), and in health food stores and some gyms, available
   in premixed liquid and in powder form
6. Shaklee
7. Imagine foods.com
8. Carnation Instant Breakfast
9. Atkins Shake Mix

Remember too that we can't use the Chocolate Malt flavor in any brand.  I
also spoke with a few people who use plain ordinary soy powder and mix in
their own honey, fruit and other nutrients to make their own mix.

I did compare some prices this morning and see that Carnation Instant
Breakfast is a real steal at their low price, and has some of the same
nutrients that the expensive mixes do, but one list member pointed out they
do have a sugar free selection, which is good for diabetics to know.

Stay well and happy.

Love and Peace,

Libby
NYC