From:
Karen Cockrell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 2012 16:11:38 -0500

This may take two summaries - received so many responses to my request for
info from others diagnosed with collangeous colitis.  The people on this
listserve are so great!  First of all, I want to thank those who wrote
saying that they didn't have the disease but wished me well and hoped I could
get some relief.

Received suggestions for two web sites:  the Mayo Clinic site (which I
read immediately after my doctor called with the diagnosis).  Another web  site
suggested was
_http://www.finerhealth.com/educational_info/microscopic_colitis_ (http://www.finerhealth.com/educational_info/microscopic_colitis)
which I will look at very soon.  The person who sent this web site said she
had given up cows milk, red meat and soy and said she was having good luck
with  Pepto-Bismal.

1 said she took the generic of Endocort, bulesonide once a day.

1 -suggested I go on the Paleo diet -has not had to take any meds since
going Paleo 5 yrs. ago.

1 - managed with Endocort - doctor gave her samples - have to stay on
Endocort for three months.  She did and has been in remission for a year  and a
half.

1 - suggested Bentonite -one fourth tsp with meals, also suggested Konjac
glucomannan - pill for PGX.   gave  me a web site
_http://www.pascalite.com_ (http://www.pascalite.com)

1 -suggested I go on the BRAT diet til I felt better.  Also suggested
checking Canada and Mexico for the Endocort.  I have contacted friends in  South
Texas who go across the border to Mexico once a week  (my husband and  I
did also when we spent our winters in S. Texas).  We met a wonderful
pharmacist there and my friends are going to check with him on Endocort.

1 - uses Endocort only when she needs it.  Otherwise, does well with
Immodium

1 - Took Asacol for one year and a steroid for 3 months.

Summary 2 to follow.

Karen in Mesa,AZ

.