From:
Annette Dahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 12:39:10 EST

I called today to verify the GF standing of the Marie's salad dressing posted
a few days ago.  I am sorry I didn't save the post to reply directly.

The lady I talked to on the phone gave me some very confusing information.
Can anyone help?

She said all their products are gluten-free. However, she could not tell me
the source of their vinegar.  She said they have thousands of suppliers and
she did not know the source of the vinegar. She did state that all gluten is
eliminated during the pateurization process.  I don't understand how that is
possible.  She also said they could not guarantee anything on their lines to
be free of cross contamination.  I am so confused.  Either she didn't know
what she is talking about or I am not understanding her.  She did say the
modified food starch is from corn or tapioca.

Does anyone know about the pasteurization process? Does it eliminate gluten
in that process? I am not confident that Marie's is GF.

Annette