From:
Elaine Korngold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Elaine Korngold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2007 13:21:12 -0700

---
I have rosacea and my doctor perscribed Metrogel 0.75% topical gel.
You use very little of it and it lasts a long time. It's quite
expensive but a 30 gram tube lasts me about a year. I have used it for
about 5 years. I only put it on the area of my face that are my
problem areas which is my nose and forehead. I use it every morning
and night after I wash and dry my face. I put a moisturizer on the
rest of my face as the rest of my face is too dry without it. My
friend just found out she has rosacea and her doctor (different
doctor) also prescribed the Metrogel. I have been given samples of
Noritate but don't recall using it for rosacea.
---
I have rosacea.  Some studies (I don't have the info at my fingertips)
show that rosacea is caused by a mycoplasma (as is  rheumatoid
arthritis).  I have rosacea and rheumatoid arthritis.  I contracted
both after an unsterile scope was placed up my nose during an ear,
nose, and throat exam.  I indeed tested positive for two mycoplasmas.
The treatment that worked for me is doxycycline--a common antibiotic.
Minocycline is the other antibiotic used.  It has stopped the rosacea
and the rheumatoid arthritis.  Many doctors know nothing of it.  ---
Do a google search with the two words doxycycline and rosacea, and you
will come up with some info.  The words minocycline and rosacea will
likely bring up info also. My rosacea improved immensely when I quit
drinking coffee.  I found that treatment with a sulfur+ sulfacetamide
scrub (Plexion) followed by the metronidazole gel you are using works
well.
I use a cream called MetroCream with great results.
---
gf diet ALONE takes care of rosacea do not need anything else.  Stay
off all the iffy stuff: white vinegar, and anything made with it,
canola oil, etc.  Recheck your foods to make sure they are one hundred
percent gf and check your meds, too.  Meds are bound with lactose,
corn or wheat  Call the manufacturer and ask to speak to
pharmacist...ask him
You also need to build up the leaky gut.  This alone can make a big
difference: WITH EACH MEAL TAKE ONE PROBIOTICS XOMPLEX AND ONE
L-GLUTAMINE
capsule.  this heals the gut in about 4 months.  You should start seeing the
difference in a couple of days.  This was recommended by my nutritionist who
teaches on the graduate level
---
I do have experience with Rosecea on my face. A few years ago my
Dermatologist said my Rosacea came from lupus, took a photo for his
scientific journal and gave me some cream which did not work. I don't recall
the name, but the red nose and red butterfly all over my face finally went
away on its own. Recently, I have had another outbreak- on my scalp. Same
Doc said that it was NOT Rosecea even though it looked like online photos I
found. Anyway he gave me a sample of Evoclin, a new drug. It worked in short
order and the redness and the bumps went away. Don't know if this would work
for you, but I know how frustrating some of these things are. They seem to
be associated with this gluten thing in some way and the doctors that I
have found have no clue about what is going on.