From:
"David D." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 1997 13:55:22 EST

This is the traditional time of year when people start asking about hams.  What
I would like to know, is not necessarily which brands are acceptable, but which
ingredients I must watch out for on the labels that may be a problem.

I recently bought one that I felt I may have reacted to that had what I thought
were acceptable ingredients.  It had salt, brown sugar, sodium nitrite, sodium
ethyrobate, (and one other chemical-sounding ingredient that I can't offhand
recall) and was smoked.  Do these sound like forbidden ingredients to anyone
else?

Joanne